Studio Practice: Artist’s Walk (Adult Art Class)
Julie Cameron, Author of The Artist’s Way, offers Walking as a tool for making art. In this class,
we will use walks as a way of cultivating thoughts and inviting inspiration. Class time will be
broken into three categories: Walking, Responding, and Sharing.
Artist Walk Rules/Instructions
(Do not trespass, do not take things that you know you shouldn’t take, remain alert, respect
others and respect the landscape)
- Designate this as a creative space. Limit distractions, move slowly and quietly.
- Listen to your thoughts. Record them if it feels important. React to them, record that.
- Look around you, notice how things relate to one another. Ask yourself questions.
Record them if they feel important. React to what you see.
- Collect materials (as long as you know it is alright to take them), ideas, questions,
observations. Whatever seems important to you. This is about you.
- Use as many pages as you need. Think about quantity - not quality. Scribble, let it be
unfinished and messy and “ugly”.
- Allow yourself to make at whatever pace feels right. Do not force things, just listen.)
Session Days and Times Dates Location Instructor Age Participants
Studio Practice: Artist’s Walk Occurs every Tuesday from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Would you like to sign in/create an account or proceed as a guest?Watercolor Studio Erin 18 and over 0 / 10 Register
- Occurs every Tuesday from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Registration for this session begins November 25, 2019 8:00 AM and ends March 24, 2020 6:00 PM.